Day 1 of the 30 day blogging challenge has arrived! I’m excited to kick off with the first question:
A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
I always find these types of questions a bit uncomfortable, because I don’t think I’m that interesting! So here are 15 facts that you might find mildly interesting at best, and (hopefully) not boring at worst!
- I am an Essex girl. Although *technically* I was born in Suffolk, I don’t remember that so class myself as Essex born and bred. Although I am yet to own a pair of white stilettos, or visit The Sugar Hut. I have also never met anyone from TOWIE.
- I am one of 6 children. I love that I come from a big family, and it always shocks people when they hear how many siblings I have. It doesn’t mean I want to have 6 children though (whatever my husband might tell you!!)
- I am left-handed. I find this interesting because none of my immediate family are left-handed – not my parents, grandparents or any of my siblings. I am a weirdo!!
- I met my husband when I was 17, we have been together 10 years this year and married for 4 years in November. We are childhood sweethearts!
- I love to read! I once took 10 books on holiday with me, and still ran out. I used to walk around the house with my nose permanently in a book. I think this is where my love of writing also comes from. The last time I read a book was 9 months ago though, when I was in labour. This is one of the reasons I am looking forward to going back to work – so I can read on the commute!
- I have written a novel. It’s not been published, or even read by that many people, but I have written a full novel, all 116,850 words of it (you know, approximately). I would love for it to be published, but it needs some tweaking before I even think about letting professionals read it!
- I’m a secret eater. When my husband is at work, I secretly buy sweets, crisps and chocolate, and then hide the evidence or deny all knowledge if any evidence is found! I’m lucky I am breastfeeding, otherwise I’d be the size of a house!
- I (not so) secretly want to be an events planner! I loved planning my wedding, and any events we’ve had since (like my baby shower and friends hen dos) I would love to do it as a full time job. The only thing stopping me are the hours of an event planner – I know it would take over my life and I’m not sure how a baby would fit into it. If I won the lottery though, there is a huge house for sale near to me, so I’d buy that and turn it into a wedding venue. Then I can pick and choose my own hours, have as many people as I want working for me, but still get all the fun of planning a wedding. It’s either that, or divorce and get married again….
- I swam with dolphins on our honeymoon in Mexico. It had been a lifelong dream of mine to do it, and I’m so glad we did! I was a little nervous when I first got in the water, but I loved every second of it. They are such gentle creatures, and I’d love to take Alfie one day when he is older.
- I haven’t been to uni, but I want to do a degree. I’ve looked into the Open University, but at the moment I can’t afford it. I’m not sure where I’d even find the time with a full time job and a full time baby (and a full time husband!!) to deal with…but it’s an ambition I’m determined to fulfil one day. I would do an English Language and Literature degree, with Creative Writing on the side.
- I have always wanted to play the piano. Another dream I am determined to fulfil. I’m hoping one of the kids will want to learn, and then I have an excuse to buy a piano, and learn along with them! I’ve always dreamed of owning a baby grand, and have it sitting in my dining room…you know in that big house I’m going to buy and turn into a wedding venue when I win the lottery.
- I am a natural blonde…and yes sometimes I do act like a blonde…but I actually think that’s more due to baby brain?! I wish my hair was blonder though, I used to highlight it but since having the baby it’s a luxury I can’t afford right now 😦
- I have a freakish skill for remembering things. I can remember stuff that people told me years and years ago, and seem to have a photographic memory. When I worked as a filing clerk at an insurance company, all the files were ordered by an 8 digit number. If someone asked me where a particular file was, I could recite the number, place it was filed and if that particular letter had been filed. It used to amaze and freak people out in equal measure. Not sure I could do it now baby brain has struck!
- I am addicted to my phone. Seriously, it’s a problem. If it’s anywhere near by, I go into a cold sweat if I haven’t checked it every 30 seconds. I’m working on this!
- I have a weirdly jointed arm/elbow. My husband get seriously freaked out by the fact I have a wonky forearm! I have no idea why it is like that!
So those are my 15 hopefully interesting facts! Come back tomorrow to read Day 2 of the blogging challenge.